Communications Officer, Philippines
The purpose of this role is to support the execution of a communication strategy (internal and external) within the country.
|Salary||Pay band 4/H (from PHP 39,769 per month)|
|Duration||Fixed term (18 months)|
|Closing date||Sunday 29 September 2019|
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT/TEAM
Marketing at the British Council is a strategic function which drives awareness, understanding and engagement with us across our diverse audiences. We use insight, knowledge and analysis of our market and our customers to engage them with the British Council’s international cultural relations mission, our products and services in the most impactful and effective way. We lead the development of our brand and use our expertise to tell inspiring stories to enhance our global reputation, build lifelong relationships, engage our staff and prove the impact of what we do.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING AND WHY
The purpose of this role is to support the execution of a communication strategy (internal and external) within the country. Led by the Head of Communications in the Philippines and working with programme staff, the Communications Officer will create and deliver outputs related to internal and change communications, and external communications planning and delivery including press releases, PR, and stakeholder communications within the country. These outputs will reinforce the British Council’s position as a cultural relations organisation with high quality products and services that positively change lives.
WHAT IS INTERESTING ABOUT IT
You will create impactful content which reflect the diverse work of British Council in Philippines and lead online promotion for public events and campaigns, including engagement with external stakeholders. You will support media engagement effort by maintaining good relationship with journalist, story pitching, media invitation to British Council’s events and monitor the media for reports, latest news trends, trending stories and content relevant to British Council’s reputation and projects.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Relevant degree e.g. communications, journalism, marketing, or equivalent level of experience
- Demonstrable experience in creating communications outputs for different audiences across different platforms
- Demonstrable experience in working in a matrix situation with multiple stakeholders and deadlines
- Demonstrable experience in managing social media platforms
- Demonstrable experience in basic event delivery
- Excellent written English language skills
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT THE BRITISH COUNCIL
- Flexible working opportunities (working from home / flexible hours)
- Smart working (most of us hot-desk!)
- Year-end bonus and annual bonus scheme
- Professional development opportunities – we offer a broad range of professional courses to large corporations and that is available for our staff members too!
Our work makes a lasting difference by building more inclusive societies and supporting people’s prospects.
Together, we can do more.
How to apply
To apply, please visit: https://tinyurl.com/PHI-MC-0038e