- ensure effective and efficient delivery of Exams within a small or remote exams office location. You will handle confidential materials during the multiple exchanges in country/location up to compliance standards
- manage Venue Supervisor engagement, relationship and performance. You will co-ordinate and manage risk or issue resolution, including co-ordination of customer communication directly or through customer services
- act as the point of contact for Venues/Venue Supervisors on the day. You will be required to work test days which will involve weekend work
|Location||Manila office, Philippines|
|Salary||Pay band 4|
|Duration||Indefinite (4 posts) & 1 year fixed-term (1 post)|
|Closing date||Sunday 05 January 2020|
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT/TEAM
The English and Examinations Strategic Business Unit (E&E) is one of three strategic business units in the British Council (the others being Arts and Education & Society) all of which have the remit to build trust for the people of the UK by building relationships through aspects of our language and culture. E&E achieves this by enabling people across the world to access the life-changing education and work opportunities that are created by learning English or gaining valuable UK qualifications. Promoting the English language also provides a medium for communication, helping break down barriers of misunderstanding or mistrust between cultures. The British Council’s 2020 vision for English & Examinations is to be the world authority in high quality English language teaching, learning and assessment, as well as the International distributor of choice for UK professional and school qualifications.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING AND WHY
- You will ensure effective and efficient delivery of Exams within a small or remote exams office location. You will handle confidential materials during the multiple exchanges in country/location in accordance to compliance standards.
- You will also manage Venue Supervisor engagement, relationship and performance. You will co-ordinate and manage any risk or issue resolution, including co-ordination of customer communication directly or through customer services.
- You will act as the point of contact for Venues/Venue Supervisors on the day. You will be required to work test days which will involve weekend work as part of the contracted hours.
WHAT IS INTERESTING ABOUT IT
In this role, there will be opportunities for you to act in unforeseen situations and get solid problem-solving skills, so to ensure Test Day is successfully executed; hence gain profound experiences in problem-solving and process-streamlining. Through this role, you will gain comprehensive knowledge of managing and delivering the world's most prestigious test product.
You can take pride in the fact that you will be part of a team that enables the British Council to meet its objectives and gives all our customers an exceptional experience. You will also be able to join regular professional development, training and skills programmes to develop your experience and skills
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
To qualify for this role, you will need:
1. Language ability: English language skills at B2 level
2. Experience working in a busy operational environment delivering high levels of customer service.
3. Ability to ensure compliance, risk and security standards are monitored and maintained.
4. Track record of working in a tightly controlled process driven environment.
Experience working in Exams is highly preferred; Experience of supporting on delivery of computer based exams is highly preferred.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT THE BRITISH COUNCIL
- Smart working (most of us hot-desk!)
- 37.5 contracted working hours per week (we believe in an output-based delivery!)
- Flexible working opportunities (working from home / flexible hours)
- Enjoy more than 20 days of Annual leave (depending on role grade)
- Year-end bonus and annual bonus scheme
- Professional development opportunities – we offer a broad range of professional courses to large corporations and that is available for our staff members too!
Our work makes a lasting difference by building more inclusive societies and supporting people’s prospects.
Together, we can do more.
Please be noted that there are 5 vacancies being recruited for this role, 4 will be on indefinite bases and 1 will be on fix-term contract bases. Offer of contract will subject to interview performance.
How to apply
To apply, please click this link: https://tinyurl.com/PHIL-577Ex