Global Education Dialogues: Universities as agents of social change
HOW DO UNIVERSITIES CREATE ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL EQUITY?
Universities yield benefits for society far beyond the individual financial returns to graduates and human capital gains for the economy.
- Universities contribute to communities through knowledge and skill generation but what is their role as agents of social change?
- What is the social value of a university to its locality, its community, its nation?
- How can universities help with social mobility, promote fairness and inclusion, greater democratic engagement, public outreach and access to cultural resources?
- In the future, what is the role of a university in creating prosperity and stability while ensuring and leading in equity?
- As universities push for greater sustainability, how can they continue to create shared public value?
HOW TO ATTEND
If you are interested in attending, please contact Alec.Ladanga@britishcouncil.org.ph for more information.