ASpace events team
This is the venue of the conference. Some of you may be staying here, too.
Emergency contact numbers in Cebu
|Contact Name||Telephone number|
Cebu City Police Department
Gorordo Avenue, Cebu City.
Cebu City Tourist Police Unit
Dial 166 from any landline
+63 32 233-6705;
+63 917-3057 699;
+63 906 390 3402
+63 32 412-3138
+63 32 262 1424
Emergency Fire Department
Dial 160 from any landline
Fil-Chinese Volunteer Fire Brigade:
+63 32 254 0200;
+63 32 254 0300;
+63 32 918-909-9785
Mandaue City, Cebu Fire Department:
+63 32 344 4747;+63 32 344 3364
|Mactan Cebu International Airport||+63 2 494 7000|
Perpetual Succour Hospital
Gorordo Avenue, Cebu City, Cebu.
+63 32 233 8620 to 39
Social networking sites
Follow these social media accounts:
Please use #MakingFuturesPH and #CraftingFutures throughout the conference and tag @phbritish on all your social media posts.
- If you are feeling unwell, have a cough, fever or flu or have recently visited Hubei Province, China, please seek immediate medical attention and advice on your suitability to attend. Inform the event organisers of the doctor’s advice.
- If you would like to bring and/or wear a mask, please feel free to do so.
- We recommend using hand sanitisers and regular handwashing as a basic safeguard.
- We are monitoring the Covid-19 situation very closely and will continue to take relevant measures in line with the advice of local government agencies. Participants and visitors are strongly encouraged to visit www.doh.gov.ph/2019-nCov for updated information on the country’s health advisory and precautionary measures.
- Additional resources and information on protection from Coronavirus Disease (Covid-2019) may be found on the WHO website: www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advicefor-public
- Should you require further assistance, please email Randel Urbano at firstname.lastname@example.org and Jeaun Tolsa at email@example.com (onsite event manager).
Personal spending money
You are advised to bring enough Philippine currency to cover your expected needs. There will be outlets at the Mactan Cebu International Airport and Ninoy Aquino International Airport where you will be able to change money. Once at the hotel, the opportunity to change money is much more limited, though there are ATMs near the hotels.
Travel and transport
Measures against COVID-19 virus
- All five hotel entrances (Main lobby entrance, Charlie 2 entrance, Grand Cenia lobby, Fourth floor entrance & Puso entrance) are provided with client screening tools such as thermal scanner & visual inspection of symptoms.
- Screening for clients with history of travel in China.
- Quest Hotel has a holding area /isolation rooms for suspected cases.
- Hotel entrance, counters, elevators and function rooms are provided with hand sanitizers.
- Counters are sanitized every 30 mins using alcohol. Luggage room and elevators are sanitized with hospital grade disinfectant every hour.
- Function rooms are provided with sanitizers. Microphones are sanitized every after use.
- All hotel staff, most especially those who are interacting with guests, are mandated to use personal protective equipment. Proper handwashing at all times is also being advised.
- All housekeepers are equipped with alcohol bottles.
- British Council staff
- Keynote speakers, presenters and moderators
- British Council invited partners
- DCP, PTRI and DTI delegates
- General audience
- Conference vendor
All information such as programme, bios of keynotes and presenters, session briefs and among others can be accessed through:
What to wear and bring
Conference attire is smart casual. Dress for tropical weather but you may also bring a scarf/ sweater/ jacket for air-conditioned conference venues.
Meals at the conference
Smoking is banned in all enclosed public spaces everywhere in the Philippines – including hotels, bars, restaurants and workplaces. If you wish to smoke, be prepared to use designated outdoor area. Smoking areas at the Quest Hotel: Fourth floor, Seventh floor.
For participants staying at Quest Hotel
Quest Hotel’s emergency hotline
1. Dial 0 to reach the operator
2. Dial 5000 and call will be registered as Emergency
Other useful documents
- For international travellers – Visitors Notes
- For all participants – Conference Programme
- For all presenters – Speakers’ Guidelines