LSEED is De La Salle University’s (DLSU) programme to localise Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) #8 and #17. The programme is spearheaded by the university’s Centre for Social Concern and Action (COSCA) and is supported by the different colleges within the university. The programme aims to:
- to develop a social enterprise/innovation incubation facility for DLSU Manila and its adopted communities, where areas of cooperation, collaboration and partnerships will be discussed, developed and implemented, taking into consideration the program key elements, namely: scalability of impact, sustainability of initiatives and value creation
- to promote social entrepreneurship and social innovations as mechanisms to scale up the community engagement and development program of DLSU Manila in terms of creation of jobs and livelihood opportunities for its adopted communities
- to build strong and lasting partnerships with public and private organizations in the implementation of LSEED component.
The British Council aims to partner with LSEED to achieve its programme objectives. Avenue for partnership are as follows:
- conducting SE101 trainings and workshops for students and faculty
- linking DLSU to UK organisations that aim to send volunteers to work with social entrepreneurs in developing countries
- tying up with a UK organisation or university to setup an social innovation hub for DLSU.
We have already completed this programme. For opportunities and other queries in relation to our work in the Philippines, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.