You will be accountable for maintaining the integrity and reputation of the British Council and the various examination boards by ensuring that tests are delivered to prescribed standards for customer service, security and administration. You will also be accountable for promoting a positive image of the British Council by providing a high standard of customer care on the test day.
|Bacolod, Baguio, Batangas, Cabanatuan, Cagayan de Oro, Cauayan, Cavite, CDO, Cebu, Dagupan, Davao, Iloilo, Laguna, Laoag, Legazpi, Leyte, Manila, Naga, Pampanga, Tagaytay, Tagum, Tuguegarao, Vigan
|Wednesday 31 January 2024
- Report promptly to the test venue at the agreed time. In case of any delays or if unable to get to the test venue, inform the appropriate test day or British Council Examinations Services staff in a timely manner.
- Follow all relevant standards and procedures, based on training and reference materials provided by the British Council Examinations Services and the relevant Exam Boards.
- Be familiar with the emergency procedures for the test day venue.
- Invigilate examinations to the standard required by the British Council Examinations Service and the relevant Exams Boards.
- Actively monitor candidates during tests to make sure that there is no violation of test conditions.
- Support the supervisor to ensure that candidates have a positive and consistent test day experience and a positive image of the British Council.
- Ensure all material is accounted for and handed over securely to the supervisor.
- Complete and maintain accurate records of exam assignments. Complete all reports, logs and claims accurately as required by British Council Examinations Services.
- Follow all relevant guidelines and policies in the areas of: Data Protection, Safeguarding, Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and Diversity, and Anti-Fraud.
- Report any incidents, emergencies or breaches of security to the appropriate test day supervisor.
- Report any safeguarding incidents and concerns to your respective Exam Safeguarding Focal Points in timely manner
- Keep confidentiality for safeguarding related sensitive information, data and incidents of children and young adults.
- Work with the test day supervisor to promote and ensure the well-being of candidates at all times. In case of emergencies, follow correct procedures.
- Additional duties in line with the role may be required.
- Enable good customer flow by giving candidates clear direction and answering their enquiries.
- Ensure that candidates follow the agreed exam procedures regarding the location and security of their belongings.
- Conduct candidate entry, exit, identity checks and Test Day Photography procedures according to exam requirements.
- Ensure special arrangements are provided as required
Training and development
- Attend all briefing and training sessions as requested by the British Council Examinations Services Centre.
- Complete all mandatory training modules: Data Protection, Safeguarding, Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and Diversity, Anti-Fraud, Identity Checks as required.
Other important features or requirements of the job
- Some invigilators may be required to travel, including overnight stays. The majority will not have this requirement. During the recruitment process, you will be asked to indicate your willingness to travel.
- You are required to be very vigilant when observing candidates; to watch and hear what is going on in the exams room.
- Although there may not be a prescribed uniform for your role, while carrying out your duties, you must always be dressed in line with the cultural expectations of the country you are working in and your position in accordance with your role as representing the British Council. However, it is recommended that you wear soft comfortable shoes. Noisy shoes and distracting jewellery are not permitted.
Read more about the role requirements in the document below.
How to apply
Download the application form below and submit it to applicants_PH@britishcouncil.org