Exams Operations Officer
The role purpose of Exams Operations Officer in the British Council Philippines is to ensure effective and efficient delivery of Exams within a small or remote exams office location.
|Wednesday 25 October 2023
Product Service Support
- Undertake the related planning and delivery functions in preparation for Test Days in line with British Council process
- Receives instructions and requests from cluster operations, 5 days before Test Day itself and plans and organises given resources accordingly (often at short notice) to ensure that work is carried out efficiently and effectively
- Scan dashboards to monitor performance and identify issues
- Deploy engagement plan for Venue Staff. Supports decisions of Operations Manager with the selection of venue staff, sets performance expectations and maintains positive relations
- Supports the functions of confidential materials handling and the Confidential Materials Room (CMR) to ensure British Council standards are met in set up and day to day operations.
- Undertakes sorting and packing of exam materials to for designated test venues. Ensures exams materials are received at Test Centre and stored securely
- Supports tasks to reconcile exam materials and papers received are as per plan, report and escalate any discrepancies.
- Undertake handling of suitcases and storage of materials. Ensures the proper procedures and documentation is adhered to when handing over to courier or test day staff.
- Ensures proper script receipt tracking, packing and return OR scanning, store and shredding
- Supports the selection of suitable venues, planning for Test Day resources ordering, quality, distribution and management (e.g. process guides, stationery, branding/signage/ technical equipment – speaking test/hand scanners)
- Provides timely escalation of issues, enabling the adaptation of work plans where necessary.
- Receives and responds to enquiries from/to customers, and may be a specific point of reference on queries relating to an area of nominated expertise or responsibility. Identifies where more complex issues require resolution by others and refers them on accordingly
- Recognises and understands the impact of incidents arising (e.g. complaints, resourcing problems, logistical or technical difficulties) and proactively alerts the team leader to any issues of concern that are likely to impact service/project/task delivery or customer experience.
Relationship & stakeholder management
- Supporting continuous improvement in the efficiency/cost effectiveness/quality of service delivery/systems in the unit or department
- Proactively work with Operations Manager to deliver satisfactory and timely resolution of customer (internal or external) complaints, coordinating input from other team members as required. Ensures the customer is kept informed throughout the process.
- Develops good working relationships and engagement with Venue Staff and appropriate colleagues throughout the BC to facilitate effective and efficient service delivery.
- Act as point of contact and manage escalated issues in country from Venue Supervisors and Venues, supported by Operations Manager / Cluster team when required.
Risk and Compliance
- Undertake contingency and risk management on the ground, liaise with Customer Service, Examiner or Venue Staff to ensure alignment on communications
- Leads in providing support related to compliance or investigations on Test Day and related issues.
- Follows agreed corporate risk management processes and procedures when delivering service (e.g. child protection, security policies, financial protocols, anti-fraud measures) to protect the interests of the BC and its customers at all times.
- Ensure adherence to CMR standards and management as set forth and carry out frequent random checks to proactively prevent issues from arising.
- Provide support and reporting for audits and performance reviews.
Analysis & Reporting
- Uses standard procedures and templates, regularly records, analyses and reports on operational activity such as venue staff performance to support senior managers in making timely and effective business decisions that respond to operational needs.
- Leads wash-up meetings to review Test Day performance delivery, continual improvement and corrective actions
Finance & Resource Management
- Monitors and takes responsibility for small-scale resources/cash/stock, following established procedures and ensures that equipment and materials are available and ready to use when needed
Managing self and others
- Plans and prioritises own work activities, which span across a range of different work streams, responding to changing and at times competing requirements to ensure effective delivery of responsibilities over a weekly/monthly time horizon.
- Tasks and coordinates others (e.g. internal colleagues or external contractors/suppliers) to complete time-limited, straightforward activities, within established procedures, in order to ensure efficient delivery of services. Monitors task completion to agreed quality and time standards
How to apply
To apply, please click https://careers.britishcouncil.org/job/Taguig-Exams-Operations-Officer-E...