Marketing Manager, Exams
The Marketing Manager, Exams, Philippines will support the Senior Marketing Manager, Exams in the development and implementation of the cluster/country marketing strategy and plans for Exams, ensuring alignment to the regional and global marketing strategy and brand, and to work in partnership with the Exams SBU to ensure that marketing programmes enable required business targets.
|Salary||from PHP 60,804 per month|
|Closing date||Wednesday 10 August 2022|
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
Strategy and Planning
- Supports the Senior Marketing Manager to develop and execute marketing plans for Exams in the cluster/country, ensuring they drive and support the regional strategic objectives for the British Council in a flexible, cost-effective way.
- Plans and executes go to market plans for Exams across the cluster/country, agreeing the programmes, delivery mechanisms, budgets and resources.
- Develops and executes campaigns to support a variety of routes to market and maximise impact and share of voice.
- Deploys the British Council brand architecture in line with brand management standards.
- Ensures that clear and consistent marketing processes are deployed for cluster/country Exams aligned to agreed global marketing processes.
- Monitors and reports on agreed marketing KPIs for Exams in the cluster/country.
Consultancy, analysis & problem-solving
- Applies professional marketing expertise to develop and enhance Exams marketing strategies, plans and approaches for the cluster/country.
- Applies core technical and professional knowledge to identify and assess current state of Exams marketing, suggests opportunities for improvement and supports the development of new or improved practice to drive business growth and reduce duplication.
- Presents information clearly supported as needed to tailor the presentation of findings to meet the differing needs of stakeholders in the cluster/country.
- Supports others in understanding of the context, opportunities and challenges for Exams marketing functions and teams.
- Makes appropriate linkages to issues in the Exams SBU and region, to help ensure that the development of Exams marketing strategies and plans is based on informed business insight and joined-up thinking.
- Proactively seeks colleagues and other feedback to monitor satisfaction with the provision of marketing for Exams and specialist advice and support, enabling improvements to be made where issues are identified.
- Supports the implementation of new Exams marketing approaches and/or techniques which enhance efficiency and wider business impact, ensuring alignment across the cluster and to the regional Exams marketing strategy.
- Drives a clear focus on audiences and market segmentation.
- Explains to customers and colleagues within the cluster/country the need for compliance with agreed marketing policies and processes and produces reports to demonstrate compliance as needed.
- Champions the deployment of the British Council brand architecture, monitors compliance, and manages interventions to address and resolve non-compliance.
- Provides proactive professional advice and support to colleagues to ensure local Exams specific requirements are compliant with marketing policy, process and governance.
- Ensure the development of high quality and effective Exams marketing plans and solutions using and sharing their marketing expertise.
- Proactively pursues an annual cycle of formally recognised Continuing Professional Development to maintain and deepen their professional expertise.
Commercial and financial management
- Using agreed corporate systems and processes, supports budget management for the cluster/country regarding Exams marketing plans and programmes.
- Conducts monthly and year-end reporting on progress against plan and deliverables, budget, and management of issues and risks.
- Shows an understanding of value for money/cost effectiveness in the advice, recommendations and support they provide to colleagues in the business teams supporting them to achieve the best results from their projects, products and services.
Relationship and stakeholder management
- Proactively participates in the Marketing Community of Practice and network of marketing professionals developing good working relationships with colleagues across the organisation and the business & operational teams across the cluster they support.
- Develops peer/personal networks within and outside Marketing to enhance own knowledge and expertise.
- Proactively builds and maintains excellent relationships with internal partners and stakeholders to ensure integrated, joined up and future-proofed approaches.
Leadership and management
- Plans and prioritises own work activities to ensure effective delivery of marketing activities for the country over a quarterly to annual time horizon.
- Shares intelligence, experience and ideas to support Cluster Marketing Lead in identifying/developing new ways in which marketing could positively impact upon the British Council’s operational efficiency and effectiveness.
Role specific knowledge and experience:
- Experience in a marketing position at a national level within a medium to large organisation.
- Demonstrable experience of developing marketing strategies and plans
- Demonstrable experience in managing supplier relationships
- Stakeholder engagement and management
- Experience in a global organisation (desirable)
- Experience in a relevant sector or industry e.g. education, Exams (desirable)
How to apply
Apply through this link.