The South Manila Educational Consortium (SMEC), in collaboration with the British Council, participated in a series of partnership meetings with higher education institutions in the United Kingdom to explore international collaboration on research and innovation last 18-22 March 2019.
A follow up from their first UK visit in October 2017, the partnership meetings this year identified over ten potential collaborative projects with UK higher education institutions in England, Wales and Scotland. These include professional development programmes, student and academic exchanges, joint conferences and collaborative research, among others.
A joint conference on ageing and gerontology, an international arts festival, and a professional doctorate programme were identified to be priority projects for 2019 and 2020. SMEC and the British Council have agreed to hold monthly meetings starting May to develop and prepare for these projects.
- Dr Catherine Castaneda of Adamson University
- Dr Merlin Suarez of De La Salle University
- Dr Ellen Salac of Emilio Aguinaldo College
- Dr Junifen Gauuan of Philippine Christian University
- Dr Rita Ruscoe of Philippine Normal University
- Dr Felina Young of Philippine Women’s University
- Dr Ma. Encarnacion Dychangco of Saint Paul University Manila
- Dr Christine Pinto, OSB of St. Scholastica’s College
- Dr Carmencita Padilla of University of the Philippines Manila
- Ma. Victoria Dayao, SMEC Executive Director
- Allen Surla of De La Salle University