About the programme
GOJUST II is funded by the European Union to the value of €19 million and implemented by the British Council and United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS). GOJUST II builds on and continues the work of its predecessor, GOJUST, which was implemented from April 2016 to September 2020. GOJUST II is implemented in joint co-financing with the Spanish Agency for International Development Cooperation (€1 million).
The objective of GOJUST is to contribute to inclusive and sustainable socio-economic development through improved access to justice for all in the Philippines. Specifically, it aims to develop more responsive and accountable justice services. It includes two components focusing on justice and human rights, respectively. The programme is being implemented from December 2020 to June 2025.
Background of the assignment
Monitoring performance and using evidence for learning and improved practice is critical for both successful justice sector institutions, and for interventions like GOJUST II which seek to develop these institutions. Within state agencies, there is a dire need to establish mechanisms and processes to improve systems and performance monitoring that would ensure delivery of quality justice services in the long term.
Within GOJUST II, the lasting impact of the programme and value-for-money demand a comprehensive approach to data gathering, analysis and communication. The programme seeks to improve the way justice policy and practice is informed by evidence to be more responsive to justice needs through the appointment of a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer.
The Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer will lead the implementation of the GOJUST II MEL strategy and plan that will deliver robust evidence on the results and impact achieved by the programme.
Specific objectives of the role:
- Ensure the successful implementation of the MEL strategy and workplan of GOJUST II, ensuring client, corporate and programme standards are fully met.
- Oversee and assure quality delivery of all GOJUST II MEL activities.
- Ensure MEL activities are accurately costed and related budgets are managed effectively.
- Stay informed on MEL related developments, ensuring that GOJUST II MEL work is at the forefront of best practice.
- Develop a good understanding of the British Council and EU reporting evidence frameworks.
What is the duration of the contract?
Estimated start date is 15 March 2022. Contracts are expected to run on an annually renewable basis, until GOJUST II completes in January 2025.
How to apply?
Applications for this request for proposal should be submitted to Henri Palma (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 14 February 2022, 11.59 p.m. (Manila time).
For the complete list of required qualifications and skills, general and specific professional experience, please download the attached terms of reference (ToR) below.
For questions and concerns, the main contact person for this mission shall be the following:
- For technical matters: Team Leader and Senior Adviser Christian Eldon, email@example.com
- For administrative matters: Programme Officer Henri Palma, firstname.lastname@example.org