This insightful workshop explores the core skills and attitudes needed by managers to provide support for growth and performance. It defines the requirements of a person-centred approach to building a learning team.
This is a hands-on course which uses role play, case studies, discussion and interactive tasks to practise all three core skills.
Who should attend?
Managers, office managers, supervisors and team leaders.
- Coach colleagues with greater confidence and purpose
- Use basic counselling techniques to help colleagues overcome emotion-based problems affecting their work
- Identify your readiness for becoming a mentor
- Learn the similarities and differences between the three skills
- Practise the core skills of coaching and counselling and get feedback on your performance
- Explore the role of a mentor and identify the skills and knowledge required
- Coaching, Counselling and Mentoring: similarities and differences
Definitions and Learning
- Selecting the right skill for the situation
- How we learn
- Using a coaching model
- Developing probing questions
- Listening actively
- Identifying motivation and barriers
- Giving positive and critical feedback
- Coaching in challenging situations
- Their problem, their solution?
- Information versus Advice
- What do mentors do?
- Why should we mentor?
- How do we mentor?
Duration: 2 days
Price: Php 11,500.00
Maximum Group Size: 16