This essential workshop provides you with an in-depth understanding of how to write to customers in a style that focuses on them. It will help you build better relationships and improve your company’s image.
You will write case studies related to your workplace and receive feedback from your trainer and other participants on your strengths and areas to improve.
Who should attend?
Anyone who has to refuse customer requests or handle complaints in writing.
- Engage customers better even when responding to difficult correspondence
- Know tools and techniques to give others advice on how to write
- Improve your professional image and the image of your organisation
- Consider your customers’ expectations and adapt your writing style to meet their needs
- Structure and write responses which have a positive effect on the customer
- Edit your customer-focused writing
Introduction and overview
• Presenting a positive service image
• Introducing the POWER writing process
• Understanding the 5 C's of business writing
• Meeting and exceeding customer needs and expectations
• Analysing relationships with your readers
• Making follow-up actions clear and credible
Organising and writing refusals
• Structuring a response
• Highlighting benefits of company policies
• Using positive language
• Explaining reasons for refusals
• Writing good closings and headings
Writing responses to complaints
• Dealing positively with complainants
• Structuring replies to complaints
• Using a sincere tone
• Plain English
• Clarity, conciseness, courtesy and correctness
• Using the 6 elements of editing to review writing
Length: 2 days
Maximum group size: 16