This important workshop explores the core skills and attitudes needed by managers to help their staff grow and achieve their full potential. It explores the structures needed to build an effective mentoring relationship, as well as the issues that can arise during the process.
This workshop is highly interactive and practises some of the key discussions through role play, case studies and simulation. There are also plenty of tips on the techniques of successful mentoring.
Who should attend?
Managers, office managers, supervisors and team leaders.
- Understand your role as mentor
- Be able to better develop potential in others
- Use your communication skills to make the relationship more successful
- Use mentoring tools to build performance
- Recognise mentoring boundaries and pitfalls
- Develop discussions through the mentoring cycle
Preparing yourself for the Role of Mentor
- What is mentoring?
- Why should we mentor?
- What do you need to be a mentor?
- The stages of the mentoring process
- Your mentee’s background
- Establishing rapport
- First meeting topics
- The mentoring contract
- Holding the first meeting
- Dealing with mentoring issues
- Keeping the momentum
- Mentoring techniques
- Barriers to successful mentoring
Length: 1 day
Maximum group size: 16