This enriching workshop introduces techniques to positively influence others in a range of situations such as selling new ideas, winning resources and negotiating outcomes at work.
Through interactive scenarios, self reflection and a range of practice activities, you will explore ways to influence and communicate with others, even in challenging situations.
Who should attend?
Experienced managers, new managers and supervisors. Those for whom a high level of communication is necessary.
- Influence colleagues around you to get the results you want
- Better use the key communication skills involved in influencing others
- Be able to build persuasive arguments
- Explore the principles which underpin persuasion
- Practise the communication skills needed to influence others
- Understand the steps involved in influencing others
- What makes a great influencer?
- Why should we influence?
- Who do you need to influence?
- Defining positive influencing skills
- Understanding and using the 4 influencing styles
- Understanding vs. listening
- Persuasion vs. manipulation
- Building working relationships
- Pulling vs. pushing
- Building trust and rapport
- Developing assertiveness
- Dealing with different characteristics
- Listening and probing techniques
- Using persuasive language
- Involving people
Length: 2 days, 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Maximum group size: 16