Creating excellent slides is essential to any good presentation. This workshop focuses on techniques to prepare memorable, understandable and attractive slides that add depth to the message of your presentation.
You will use the workshop concepts to progressively create a set of your own slides. At the end of the workshop you will present your slides to the workshop group.
The workshop focuses on the design of slides, not the technicalities of using presentation software. Your workbook will however, show you ‘how to guides’ which demonstrate various PowerPoint software tools.
Who should attend?
Anyone who prepares slides or gives presentations.
• Create slides with increased visual impact
• Communicate your message more clearly
• Transform dry data into meaningful images
• Apply the principles of slide design
• Edit your slides for relevant content
• Learn how to use text, images and animation effectively
Make it Memorable
• Know your purpose and outcome
• What's in it for me?
• Presentation structures
• Analogue mode
• Software options
• Structuring slides
• Bullet points
• Key words
• Creating contrast
Diagrams and Data
• Displaying data
• Large amounts of data
Images and Animation
• Using images and animation effectively
• Animating text
• Animating objects
Length: 1 day
Maximum group size: 16