Call for Expression of Interest: Systems Developer
Kindly read the Terms of Reference attached to know more about the role. This opportunity is open for individual applications and does not extend to applications from companies or firms.
|Twelve (12) months
|Friday 19 January 2024
The use of information and communications technology (ICT) in the digitalisation of transactions and services is viewed as a key driver for the competitiveness of the government in providing better services. One of the main thrusts of the 2023 Philippine Development Plan (2023 PDP) is for the justice sector to “use digital technology and build a robust, efficient, and disaster-resilient ICT architecture for the justice sector.”
One of the priority ICT programmes identified by the sub-chapter on Administration of Justice of the 2023 PDP is the National Justice Information System (NJIS). The NJIS is an Information and Communications Technology-based tool envisioned to facilitate the management and exchange of vital information across law enforcement and justice sector agencies in the discharge of their statutorily mandated public functions. The NJIS has been included in the 2011-2016, 2017-2022, and the current 2023-2028 PDP.
It is envisioned to be a seamless, knowledge-based and knowledge-driven interface and portal that will solve information gaps and address collaboration issues in the justice system. It is anchored on a secured platform that links justice sector agencies for a holistic approach to crime prevention and resolution.
This mission will support the Department of Justice in implementing the following NJIS Projects by providing additional software developers:
- NJIS Middleware Exchange Platform
- Interoperability layer of each of the NJIS implementing agencies
- Enhancements/ Refactoring of the Bureau of Corrections Inmate Management Information Systems that includes the updating of the Good Conduct Time allowance computation
- Development of API of the Philippine Crime Index Research System (PCIRS) to accommodate public research and optimize performance on the system’s current features
Qualifications and Experience Required
Skills and Competencies
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Excellent analytical competence and technical skills, and detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Active listening skills and strong writing skills
- Ability to coordinate and communicate with key stakeholders
Qualifications and skills
- A college graduate with a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or any related course
- Knowledge of the Software development life-cycle
General Professional Experience
- At least one (1) year of relevant work experience in Software Development that includes writing, modifying, and testing codes and scripts to allow computer software and applications to function properly
- Experience working on a variety of software development projects.
Specific Professional Experience
How to apply
Send the following to Lalaine.Alfaro@britishcouncil.org by 19 January 2024; 11:59 PM Philippines time.
- Cover Letter
- Pricing Approach (please use the template attached)