Are you drowning in emails? Are you still waiting for important information that you requested last week?
This informative workshop develops the email writing skills you need to efficiently manage your day-to-day workload and achieve your long-term professional goals.
You will participate in fun and informative multi-media based learning activities. You will write emails and receive feedback from your trainer and other course participants on how to improve. You will learn techniques to help you write emails people want to read.
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to write emails more effectively and efficiently.
- Feel more confident in your ability to write effective and professional emails
- Understand how to use emails to develop better working relationships
- Know your own strengths and weaknesses and have some specific strategies to improve
- Adapt your emails and letters to different audiences and situations
- Plan and organise your writing to fit your purpose
- Write and edit your work to make it clear and concise
- Developing a writing process - POWER
- Understanding email etiquette
- Managing your inbox
- Having a clear purpose
- Adapting your writing to your audience
- Knowing what you want to achieve
Choosing a Structure
- Deciding on BLADE or ODAC
- Aligning structure to purpose and audience
Making Initial Contact
- Using appropriate levels of formality
- Creating subject headings
Writing Replies/Follow-up Emails
- Getting the tone right
- Managing email threads
- Summarizing information
Getting the Action you Want
- Writing persuasively
- Knowing the power of positive language
- Applying the 6Cs of email writing
Length: 2 days
Maximum group size: 16