This practical workshop will see your written samples transformed! Bring your “before” samples to the course and see the difference as you revise and rework them into modern, reader-friendly, eye-catching “after” pieces.
Your experienced trainer will take you through a series of interactive activities and techniques to change the way you write and present correspondence. This course will give you the skills you need to go back to your company and continue the makeover of both your own and your colleagues’ writing.
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to make an immediate difference to the quality of their written correspondence.
- Feel more confident in your own ability to give your writing a makeover
- Be able to revamp existing correspondence into something special
- Become a positive guide for reviewing team members’ and colleagues’ writing
- Learn the fundamentals of modern writing
- Discover how to make your writing more clear, concise and reader-friendly
- Re-format your correspondence to make it more eye-catching
Reviewing and Rethinking
- The 5s of modern business writing
Complete and Coherent – Managing Content
- Tailoring content to purpose and readers
- Using ODAC to organise content
Correct – Fundamental Skills
- Improving grammatical accuracy
- Top 5 grammatical errors
Courteous – Building Relationships
- Commonly used words
- Using a reader-friendly tone
- Using positive language in refusals
- Case studies
- Defining conciseness
- Rules for sentence and paragraph length
- Using bullet pointing
- Letter formatting – top tips
- Case study
- Over to you
Contact us for more information.