This absorbing workshop gives you an in-depth insight into your managerial style. It concentrates on developing your skills through a questioning and analytical approach that will enable you to better understand, communicate with and lead your team.
You will receive a personalised 4,000-word Team Management Profile based on your answers to a powerful psychometric profiling tool (by Team Management Systems™), highlighting your work preferences. You will reflect on your profile and take part in a series of case studies, discussions and hands-on activities designed to help you maximise your strengths as a manager.
Who should attend?
New managers, managers who want an opportunity to develop themselves further and aspiring employees with management potential.
- Have an in-depth self-awareness and understanding of your team’s strengths and weaknesses
- Be equipped to manage both people and tasks better
- Manage more effectively by adapting your style to different people and situations
- Analyse your managerial style, contribution and strengths
- Analyse the team you manage
- Develop skills and techniques in the key areas of leadership, interpersonal skills, team-building and decision-making
Team Management Profile Overview
- The eight critical work functions
- Different work preferences
- Your TMS profile
- Comparing leadership and management
- Identifying when to use each style
- Understanding your team
- Giving feedback
- Improving communication skills
- Building relationships
- Selecting a team
- The four stages of team development
- Assessing team performance
- Divergent and convergent thinking
- Decision making tools – Edward de Bono’s 6 thinking hats
- Creativity and decision making
Length: 3 days
Maximum group size: 16