This is the workshop for you if you need to sell your ideas in writing. You will develop your persuasive writing skills in order to produce proposals that address your readers’ needs, flow logically and use language that convinces those who matter.
You will work in groups, taking part in discussions, exercises and interactive tasks. You will also work on a written case study and receive feedback from your trainer and other participants on your strengths and areas you need to improve on.
Who should attend?
Managers, senior officers and executives who want to get their ideas accepted.
- Feel more confident in your ability to write persuasively
- Understand your readers and their expectations better
- Sell your ideas to the people that matter
- Adapt your writing to fit different readers
- Structure your proposals so they are easy to follow
- Write in persuasive language
What is a Proposal?
- How is a proposal different from a report?
- What are the purposes of proposals?
What Does a Proposal Look Like?
- Meeting your readers’ expectations
- Structuring your proposal
- Developing the situation and benefits sections
Who do you Need to Persuade?
- Meeting the organisation’s evaluation criteria
- Countering objections
- Adapting to different readers’ styles and concerns
- Using themes to unify your proposal
How am I Going to Say it?
- Making your methods section more persuasive
- Writing effective headings and subheadings
- Using powerful language
Length: 2 days
Maximum group size: 16