About the programme
GOJUST II is funded by the European Union to the value of €19 million and implemented by the British Council and United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS). GOJUST II builds on and continues the work of its predecessor, GOJUST, which was implemented from April 2016 to September 2020. GOJUST II is implemented in joint co-financing with the Spanish Agency for International Development Cooperation (€1 million).
The overall objective of GOJUST is to contribute to inclusive and sustainable socio-economic development through improved access to justice for all in the Philippines. Specifically, it aims to develop more responsive and accountable justice services. It includes two components focusing on justice and human rights, respectively. The programme is being implemented from December 2020 to June 2025.
Background of the Non-Key Expert Mission
The mission ‘Organisational Review for the First and Second Level Courts and the Office of the Court Administrator’ aims to provide the Supreme Court (SC) an evidence-based assessment study to promote the advancement, modernisation and optimisation of court operations, thus achieving cost savings, operational efficiencies, and enhanced case processing. Efficiencies within the organisation will greatly impact the well-being of judicial personnel which will result in efficiencies in the delivery of public services provided by the courts. This will redound to the benefit of all justice-seekers, particularly those who languish in jail for a long time awaiting the conclusion of their trial.
The objective of this mission is to review, assess, evaluate, and recommend policies to strengthen the human resources, organisational structure, operations and data management of first and second level courts. The scope of work of the consultants shall include the support for the following activities, among others:
- Preparation of a detailed approach and methodology for the execution of the project as a whole and for each component.
- A kick-off meeting and discussion with the GOJUST II Technical Assistance Team (TAT) on the scope of the assignment.
- A kick-off meeting with relevant SC offices, particularly the Office of the Chief Justice, SC Program Management Office, Office of the Court Administrator, the offices under the OCA, the Technical Working Group on the Organisational Review of the First and Second Level Courts, select executive judges from the first and second level courts, among others.
- A rapid review of past efforts to modernise the Office of the Court Administrator, including recent innovations enacted particularly during the pandemic.
- Collation of all existing source documents, including all process maps, and such other relevant organisational assessment reports developed in the past.
- An integrative and analytical assessment report with recommendations for policy changes, among others.
- The presentation of the exhaustive assessment report to the TAT and to the Supreme Court.
What are the available positions?
We are looking for qualified candidates to apply for the following positions:
|Designation||Type of expertise||Duraton (working days)|
|Senior Organisational Development Expert||Organisational development||70|
|Senior Quality Management Expert||Quality management systems (Six Sigma, Kaizen, etc.)||65|
|Senior Human Resources Expert||Human resources||70|
|Senior Process Mapping Expert||Process mapping||70|
|Senior Change Management Expert||Change management||50|
What is the duration of the contract?
8 March to 8 November 2022. The contract is meant to be delivered remotely.
How to apply?
Applications for this request for proposal should be submitted to the e-Tendering portal https://in-tendhost.co.uk/britishcouncil and search “Non-Key Expert Mission No. 23 – Organisational Review for the First and Second Level Courts and the Office of the Court Administrator" or In-tend reference number BC/02322.
For the complete list of required qualifications and skills, general and specific professional experience, please download the terms of reference (ToR) below.
For questions and concerns, the main contact person for this mission shall be the following:
- Technical matters: Senior Advisor Carolyn Mercado – email@example.com; 09189055105
- Administrative matters: Programme Manager Henri Palma – firstname.lastname@example.org