The British Council is looking for a monitoring and evaluation (M&E) consultant to lead the M&E design and remote implementation of ‘Woven Networks – Craft changemakers conserving forests’.
In partnership with the Forest Foundation and supported by the British Council’s Crafting Futures programme, 'Woven Networks – Craft changemakers conserving forests' initiative strengthens the voices of local communities by highlighting their sustainable practices and vital role as weavers and artisans, thus growing forest resources and livelihood. The project advocates for more inclusive and gender-sensitive forest management by sparking exciting collaborations and knowledge-exchange between forest dependent craft and weaving communities and trusted intermediaries - designers, researchers, social entrepreneurs, leaders and the academe.
Specifically, the project objectives are:
- To initiate new collaborations and support projects that champion indigenous knowledge systems towards sustainable resource management and improved livelihood of craft communities
- To provide platforms that facilitate partnership and network building, for grantees, women leaders, and other members of forest-reliant communities
- To advocate the importance of indigenous craft knowledge and its relevance in forest management and sustainable development
Note: Woven Networks will have two phases, the first one will include a scoping grant programme, networking activities, and advocacy campaign. This Request for Proposal pertains only to phase one of the project.
Who can apply?
The ideal applicant will be composed of an M&E specialist and an assistant with the following qualifications:
- At least 5 years’ experience of M&E in the field of arts and culture, environment or international development
- Proven track record in delivering high quality M&E plans and reports, including designing surveys and other data collection tools
- Experience in designing and delivering high quality virtual workshops
- Strong remote team and project management skills
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
What is the budget?
The total budget for this project is up to £8,300 (PhP560,000) – inclusive of VAT and other taxes. This includes:
- All professional fees for the M&E consultant/s
- Communications and local travel expenses
- Other incidentals and expenses
What is the duration of contract?
30 December 2021 to 30 September 2022. The contract is meant to be delivered remotely.
How to apply?
Applications for this request for proposal should be submitted to Marc Ocampo (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 17 December 2021.
The documents that must be submitted to form your Proposal are listed in the Annex 2 (Supplier Proposal) - Part 2 (Submission Checklist).