Universities play a crucial role to enable communities to leverage education to benefit society as a hole. The benefits for society go far beyond the individual financial returns to graduates and human capital gains for the economy. This session of the GED will look at many themes to gauge what the challenges, opportunities and solutions are for universities as agents of social change.
- Universities contribute to communities through knowledge and skill generation but what is their role as agents of social change?
- What is the social value of a university to its locality, its community, its nation?
- How can universities help with social mobility, promote fairness and inclusion, greater democratic engagement, public outreach and access to cultural resources?
- In the future, what is the role of a university in creating prosperity and stability while ensuring and leading in equity?
- As universities push for greater sustainability, how can they continue to create shared public value?
HOW TO ATTEND OR to request more information
If you are interested in attending or would like more information, please contact Alec.Ladanga@britishcouncil.org.ph my email.