Please note: This is the policy for IELTS (Academic and General Training), you can find the UKVI transfer and cancellation policy here.
Transferring your test date
You may transfer your test date:
- five weeks before the scheduled test date (first component) – free of charge
- less than five weeks before the scheduled test date (first component) – an administration fee of PHP 1000 will be charged*
- less than three days before the scheduled test date (first component) – no transfers can be arranged, except in the exceptional circumstances stated below.
The transfer test date must be within three months of the original test date. If you are unable to attend on the transfer test date, neither a further transfer nor a refund can be given.
Cancelling your IELTS test
You may cancel your test:
- five weeks before the scheduled test date (first component) – you will be eligible for a refund of 75% of the test fee*
- less than five weeks before the scheduled test date (first component) – you will not be eligible for a refund, except in the exceptional circumstances stated below.
Note that refunds can take up to six weeks to process.
To transfer or cancel your test date, please submit a Test Date Transfer or Refund Form to: email@example.com.
You may be able to request for an exception to be made to the standard transfer or cancellation policies, with supporting evidence, in cases of:
- serious medical conditions which prevent you from attending or performing normally on test day; as verified by a medical certificate from a qualified medical practitioner** (does not include minor illness such as a mild cold)
- recent family bereavement
- hardship/trauma – victim of crime, victim of a traffic accident
- other forms of significant hardship
- compulsory military service.
You must submit your exception request in writing to the test centre no later than on the first working day after your scheduled test date. Supporting evidence must be submitted within a maximum of five working days after your scheduled test date. Requests without supporting evidence cannot be considered. Your test centre will respond to you within seven working days.
If your test centre approves your exception request, you will be able to transfer to a new test date free of charge or be eligible for a refund of 75% of the test fee*.
If your test centre does not approve your exception request, then the standard transfer and refund policies, detailed above, will apply.
Test centre exceptions
Under certain circumstances outside test centre control, we may have to cancel your test. These circumstances include, but are not limited to, extreme weather conditions, natural disaster, civil unrest and industrial action. In these circumstances, your test centre will provide you with as much notice as possible and give you the choice of either:
- A full refund*, or;
- A transfer to a future test date.
* An additional bank transfer fee may be deducted by your bank.
** Only copies of medical certificates from a certified medical professional can be accepted. Please keep the original document with you as we may require it for further verification.