We are looking for Creative Hub managers all over the Philippines to become a Creative Innovator Fellow!
The Creative Innovators Fellowship is a programme delivered by the British Council and the Department of Trade and Industry. It drives the synergy between creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship for social impact. It aims to contribute to more sustainable and impact-led creative hubs. It provides an avenue for hub managers to respond to two main challenges:
- Building stronger organisations that can better support the creative industries; and
- Helping create more inclusive cities and communities.
There will be 15 Fellows for this pilot edition. They are young, influential creative hub leaders and managers with a social mission. They are seeking to take their organisations to the next level of growth.
Who are the Creative Hub Managers?
- Trusted and influential individuals who facilitate creative hubs (design studios, co-working spaces, makerspaces, fablabs, artist-run spaces and organisations, etc).
- They can come from different backgrounds or assume multiple roles – designers, producers, art managers, creative directors, property managers, business owners, artists, and others.
- They are passionate, well connected and make things happen in the various creative industries. They broker, maintain and curate relationships.
- They are catalysts for positive change within their communities.
Before you apply, please take time to consider your eligibility and availability to take part in activities related to the Fellowship.
1. You are currently managing or owning a creative hub or enterprise in the Philippines and need support to get to the next level of growth. Participants from outside Metro Manila are encouraged to apply.
2. This Programme is relevant for proponents who have been operating for 1-5 years, or older hubs who are looking to revamp their organisations. Types of hubs include:
- Creative hubs – design studios, makerspaces, co working spaces, fab labs, or artist run spaces with activities for product and professional development, etc.
- Enterprises in various fields - communication design, product design, applied arts, music, film, communication, architecture, fashion, game, industrial, urban planning, systems, etc.
3. Your creative hub or enterprise has a social mission apart from creative production. It has a programme that helps the professional development of artists and entrepreneurs or actively engages with its immediate communities to respond to community issues.
4. Your creative hub is currently working with or has supported at least 10 artists / creative entrepreneurs in the past.
5. You will commit to becoming a Fellow for over one year, from August 2018 to October 2019, and attend all relevant trainings and activities under the Programme within the Philippines and abroad. Activities include trainings, mentoring sessions, and a study tour in the UK, among others.
6. You will commit to co-creating a training session on creative skills with an experienced facilitator, to be delivered to creative entrepreneurs in October 2018.
7. You will commit to sharing your experiences and the Programme’s activities and outcomes via relevant media channels; and cascading new skills/knowledge acquired to other hub managers or targeted communities through an event/training/workshop. You will be given a grant for this activity.
8. You are ideally 18-35 years old, and a Philippine citizen or resident for the past 10 years.
9. You are eager to learn, respectful of other people’s ideas, and want to be part of a global network of creative hub managers.
Are you a creative hub manager who wants to make a difference, or know of one who has what it takes?
Nominate today through this link.
Download the Application Form for the Scholarship at the downloads section below.
Please submit all applications to email@example.com on or before 8 July 2018. Indicate “Creative Innovators Application – [Your Name]” as email subject. We will notify you of your acceptance by end of July 2018.