IELTS Academic – get ready for a higher education environment
The IELTS Academic test measures whether you have the level of English language proficiency needed for an academic, higher education environment. It reflects some of the features of academic language and assesses whether you are ready to begin studying or training.
Take this test if you want to:
- study at either undergraduate or postgraduate level anywhere in the world
- apply for Tier 4 Student Visa at a university that is a Tier 4 Sponsor in the UK
- work in a professional organisation in an English speaking country.
You can choose between IELTS on paper or on a computer
If you need a visa for working or studying in the UK, then in some cases you may need to take IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration or IELTS Life Skills.
Fee for IELTS Academic:
The fee for an IELTS Academic test is PHP 11,650. (Starting 1 April 2022, the IELTS on Paper and on Computer Academic test fee will be PHP 11,990. IELTS for UKVI on Paper and on Computer Academic test fee will be PHP 12,350)
What does the fee include? Our IELTS test fee includes exclusive preparation materials, free practice tests and much more.
Duration: 2 hours and 45 minutes (Listening. Reading and Writing) + 11-14 minutes (Speaking)
Format: There are four sections to the test: Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. When you book your IELTS test with the British Council, the test will take place in an official British Council IELTS test centre, whether you take the test on paper or on computer.
If you take your test on paper, your Speaking test may be offered:
- on the same day as the other sections of the test
- a day before (on Friday, when the main test is on Saturday)
- a day after (on Friday, when the main test is on Thursday)
You will receive notification about your Speaking test date a week in advance. If you take your test on a computer, you have a free choice of Speaking test dates.