In June 2020, we held a two-part webinar series on writing a research proposal for international collaboration.
Speakers, who were Newton grant recipients and scholars themselves, provided guidance on the standards of research grant proposal writing to early-career researchers and potential applicants for the Newton Agham Programme.
- Dr Manuel Dayrit, Ateneo School of Medicine and Public Health
- Prof Cameron Johnstone, University of Strathclyde
- Dr Devendra Saroj, University of Surrey
- Dr Michael Angelo Promentilla, De La Salle University Manila
- Dr Jopeth Ramis, University of Nottingham
Following the DA Biotech-Newton Researcher Links Workshops call launched on 20 April 2020, the webinar aimed to encourage Filipino researchers to apply for international collaborations and learning opportunities offered by the British Council and other grant funds.
Close to 500 participants from across the Philippines and the UK attended the webinars.