Joint Development of Niche Program through PH-UK Linkage aims to provide capacity and funding support for Philippine HEIs to develop and implement niche programs offered in UK universities and customize it in the Philippine context. Through this engagement HEIs will build alliances and long-term collaborations which will enable them to acquire the kind of high-quality international higher education that will make them more globally competitive and offer programs that will respond to national issues and challenges and to ever changing higher education landscape.
Jointly funded by CHED and British Council, the Programme will fund capacity building activities and program development to eligible Philippine HEIs. It specifically aims to:
- Provide seed funding to HEIs to develop and implement niche programs with UK HEIs.
- Build capacity of HEIs to raise the importance of incorporating internationalisation goals into HEIs overall vision and mission.
- Support research collaboration between Philippines and UK; and
- Establish Philippines and UK higher education partnerships.
By end of the project (August 2018):
- 10 UK-Philippine partnerships
- Up to 5 newly established niche programmes being delivered in the Philippines
- At least 25 students are enrolled in each of the programme
- At least 10 Philippine HEIs with established structure for internationalisation
Target Project Recipients
The British Council and CHED pre-selected the following 10 HEIs as recipients of the project support based on their capacity and readiness for international partnerships. Recognised as Centres of Excellence or Centres of Development, these universities are autonomous, deregulated, and have continuing international and TNE partnerships.
Ateneo de Manila University
Central Luzon State University
De La Salle University
Saint Louis University
University of the Philippines
University of San Carlos
University of Santo Tomas
- August 2016 to July 2018
- Capacity building activities
- Seed funding
- Platform for discussions between UK and Philippine HEIs
- Learning sessions
- Research and publications
JDNP: Theory of Change
You can download a print version of the Project’s Theory of Change here.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
You may also download a print version of our FAQs here.